Emerson Common Wire Kit
No C-wire? No problem! The Emerson Common Wire Kit allows you to install the Emerson Sensi smart thermostat and Emerson Sensi Touch smart thermostat with only 4 wires. It also allows 5 wires to replace 6 wire applications.
In the box
- Emerson Common Wire Kit
- 1 Diode 'Y'
- 4 Wire Nuts
- Allows 5-wire thermostats to use only 4 wires. Also allows 5 wires to work like 6 wires.
- Easy solution to making the Emerson Sensi thermostats compatible with your system when running an additional wire is not an option. Always check compatibility with your HVAC system before purchasing.
- Does not work with 2-wire systems.
Location: The Emerson Common Wire Kit can be mounted inside the HVAC unit or inside the control box. The Emerson Common Wire Kit should not be installed in a location where the accessory or wiring may be exposed to the elements.
Wiring Requirements: The Emerson Common Wire Kit has the following requirements:
1) All system wiring must be in compliance with all applicable local and national codes.
2) All wiring should be color coded in conformance with standard recommendations.
3) All wiring should be 18- 22-gage, unshielded wire. The maximum distance between the accessory and the thermostat for 18-gage wire is 100ft. The maximum distance between the accessory and the thermostat for 22-gage wire is 36 ft.
For additional installation information, please visit the Emerson Common Wire Kit Installation Guide.