The 2nd-gen wired Nest Doorbell is always on, so you can know what’s happening at your front door around the clock.¹ Get built-in intelligent alerts about people, packages, and animals, and 3 hours of event video history. Add up to 10 days of continuous recording with Nest Aware Plus² and manage your doorbell easily using the Google Home app.³
In the box
- Nest Doorbell
- Base plate
- 20° wedge
- Chime connector
- Wire connector
- Hex key
- 2 Wall screws
- 2 Wall anchors
- 2 Spacers
- Extra security screw
- Window decal
- Quick start guide
- Safety & warranty document
Know What’s Happening at the Door
The Nest Doorbell includes intelligent alerts, which can tell the difference between a person, package, animal, and vehicle.¹
Check in Anytime
See activity at your front door around the clock. Get peace of mind knowing you can check in 24/7 without having to recharge batteries.¹
Talk and Listen, From Anywhere
Chat through the doorbell to let friends know you’ll be right there. Or tell a delivery person where to leave a package.¹
See More at the Door, Day or Night
Get a sharp, vivid view of your front doorstep. HDR helps you see details in sunlight or shadows, while night vision helps you see in the dark.
A Camera Built For Your Front Door
A taller, enhanced camera view lets you see people head to toe and packages left on the ground as close as 8 inches from your door.
3 Hours of Event Video History Included
The wired Nest Doorbell spots and records important activity with clips up to 5 minutes long and 2-second previews for context.
Unlock More From Your Doorbell with Nest Aware
A Nest Aware subscription lets you get more from your Nest Doorbell, including familiar face alerts and up to 30 days of event video history.
Cover It All with Continuous Video Recording
With a Nest Aware Plus subscription, you can record what’s happening at your door around the clock for up to 10 days.
Easy Control with the Google Home App
Set up and manage your Nest Doorbell using the Google Home app.⁴ You can also view the live video feed at home.google.com.
Leave Visitors a Message with Just a Tap
Quickly respond to someone at your door with prerecorded messages like “Just a sec, we’ll be right there,” or “You can just leave it. Thanks!”¹
Video Backup In Case of a Wi-Fi Outage
If Wi-Fi goes out, the Nest Doorbell automatically records events for up to an hour. When it’s back online, you can see exactly what you missed.
Everything Works Together
Use devices that work with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa to stream your live video feed or see and talk to people at your door. And use compatible Nest and Amazon Alexa speakers and displays as a doorbell chime.
Works with Compatible Doorbell Transformers
It requires a 16-24VAC, 10-40VA rated doorbell transformer and chime (both sold separately). You may need to replace existing hardware. Or get Pro help for a worry-free installation.
¹ Some features, including mobile notifications, remote control, video streaming, and video recording, require working internet and Wi-Fi.
² Continuous video recording requires a Nest Aware Plus subscription.
³ To learn more, visit g.co/nest/cam-mem.
⁴ Not compatible with Nest app.
For guided, step-by-step installation instructions, please visit the Google Nest Help Center.
- Camera: 1.3-megapixel color sensor, 6x digital zoom, 3:4 aspect ratio
- Video: HD, 960 x 1280 pixels, up to 30 FPS; 24/7 live view; night vision (up to 10 feet); HDR
- Video History: The Nest Doorbell includes 3-hour event video history. You can upgrade to 30 days of event video history with a Nest Aware subscription or 60 days of event video history with Nest Aware Plus. Continuous video recording (up to 10 days of 24/7 video history) requires a Nest Aware Plus subscription (sold separately).
- Audio: High-quality speaker and microphone, two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Lights: White LED status light ring, RGB LED status light
- Field of View: 145° diagonal
- Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) Wi-Fi; WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA3 encryption supported; Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Security: one-device machine learning, secure boot, legally required software and security updates via the Google Home app, and TLS/SSL with 128-bit AES
- Power: Must be connected to a 16–24VAC, 10VA, 50/60Hz doorbell transformer
- Operating Temperatures: –4°F to 104°F (–20°C to 40°C)
- Weather Resistance: IP54 weather resistant
- Relative Humidity Range: 20% to 85%
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty in the US
- Width: 1.7 in (42 mm)
- Depth: 1.1 in (28 mm)
- Height: 5.2 in (131 mm)
- Weight: 4.9 oz (140 g)