The Nest Doorbell is the battery-powered video doorbell that works with any home. See what’s happening at your door from anywhere and get intelligent alerts about important activity, like when there’s a person, package, animal or vehicle.¹ And because there are no wires, you can install it yourself.
¹ Some features, including mobile notifications, remote control, video streaming and video recording, require working internet and Wi-Fi.
In the box
- 1 Nest Doorbell
- 1 base plate
- Release tool
- 2 wall anchors
- 2 wall screws
- Wire connector
- 20° wedge
- 2 spacers
- 2 wedge screws
- 1 charge cable (3 feet)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety & Warranty document
Talk and Listen
Talk and listen to visitors through the built-in speaker and microphone. Tell someone you’ll be right there, or let a delivery person know where to leave the package.¹
Leave Visitors a Message
Quickly respond to someone at your door by choosing from prerecorded messages, like “Just a sec, we’ll be right there,” or “You can just leave it. Thanks!”¹
See Who's There, Even When You're Not
A taller field of view and HDR let you see people clearly from head to toe and packages on the ground. If you miss something, 3 hours of free event video history lets you go back and see what happened with the Google Home app.²
Designed for any Door
The Nest Doorbell is battery-powered and wire-free, so it works with any door, whether you live in a house or an apartment. You can install it yourself. And it comes in a range of colors to make any doorstep more stylish.
Protects your Privacy
The Nest Doorbell uses encrypted video, two-step verification and enhanced security through your Google Account to help protect your privacy. And a green LED light lets you know when the camera is processing or streaming video.
See Clearly in any Light
See key details in all kinds of light. HDR helps with bright, high-contrast sunlight and night vision gives you a clear image even in low light and darkness.
Everything Works Together
The Nest Doorbell works with other Nest products. Hear announcements on Google Nest Mini when someone is at the door. And Nest Hub will show you who’s there when someone rings the bell.
² The Nest Doorbell (battery) does not continuously record 24/7 video history, even with the optional wired installation. Google Nest offers a wired doorbell and other cameras that can record continuous video with a Nest Aware Plus subscription.
Google LLC. Google Nest Doorbell, G logo, Google, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.
The Nest Doorbell is battery-powered, which means you can install it yourself. And you can put it at the vantage point that works best for your door. If you choose wire-free installation using battery power, you’ll get an alert on your phone, and on your Google Assistant-enabled speakers or displays³ when someone rings the doorbell. With wire-free installation, your existing chime will not ring.
³ Sold separately.
- Camera: 1.3-megapixel color sensor, 6x digital zoom, 3:4 aspect ratio
- Video: HD, 960 x 1280 pixels, up to 30 FPS; 24/7 live view; night vision (up to 10 feet); HDR; H.264 encoding
- Video History: The Nest Doorbell (battery) includes 3-hour event video history. You can upgrade to 30 days of event video history with a Nest Aware subscription, or 60 days of event video history with Nest Aware Plus. However, whether you choose battery or wired installation, the Nest Doorbell (battery) cannot continuously record 24/7 video history. Google Nest offers other cameras and wired doorbells that can record 24/7 video history with a Nest Aware Plus subscription
- Audio: High-quality speaker and microphone, two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Lights: White LED status light ring, RGB LED status light
- Field of View: 145° diagonal
- Sensors: PIR (motion and proximity sensor), magnetometer
- Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) Wi-Fi; WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA3 encryption supported; Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Power: Built-in rechargeable Li-Ion battery, 6 Ah, 3.65V; or use existing wiring for chime and recharging (Voltage: 8–24VAC, Power: 10VA, Frequency: 50/60Hz)
- Width: 1.8 in (45.7 mm)
- Depth: 0.95 in (24.1 mm)
- Height: 6.3 in (160 mm)
- Weight: 7.3 oz (206 g)
For guided, step-by-step installation instructions, please visit the Google Nest Help Center's Nest Doorbell (battery) Installation Guide.